How to Make Square Videos for Instagram and Facebook
Maybe you just got your reel in. Perhaps your theater company has just released its new video for the next season.Whatever the video is, most likely it is not in a square format. And if you'd like to use a one minute cut of that video on Instagram, then you'll need to get it square.
Here's how you do that:
- Download an app called InShot. It's a free app, but to use some of the functions (like the ability to add your logo to the video) you'll have to pay.
- Get the video on your phone. (I'm a big fan of Dropbox, iCloud, and Air Drop to get files from my Mac to my iPhone)
- Open the InShot app.
- Choose Video.
- Choose which video file you'd like to use.
- Using the Canvas option, make it square.
- Add a Sticker to put in your logo.
- Adjust the Background with either branded colors, blurred edges, or add a picture.
- Add Text (since over 80% of video is watched with the sound off)
Bonus: You can change the aspect ratio to make it for Instagram Stories as well!
Not Bonus: You can't add subtitles. I'm still looking for a simple, low-cost way to do this, but until then...