On Friday night and Saturday night this past weekend I did Broadway's Next Hit Musical at the Jay and Linda Grunin Center for the Arts in Toms River, NJ and the Schwartz Center in Dover, DE.
Some aspects of these shows that made them notable:
- Our show at the Jay and Linda Grunin Center was the first time that my daughter Abigail saw my husband and me perform together. She got to hang out backstage, watch us warm up, and then watch the show. She burst into tears afterwards. Then again, it is hard to be quiet and sit still for so long when you're five.
- Someone I used to work with at The Container Store is the person that hired Bway's NHM to come to Toms River. How weird is that? I haven't seen him in at least seven years and I walked into the green room and there he was!
- I bet I've done nearly 1000 shows with Rob Schiffmann and Stefan Schick. And every one that I do makes me happy. Stefan is like family to our family, and doing shows with him and Rob always feel like coming home - even if I'm on the road.
- It's always nice to have a good review.
- After not having been in shows consistently since Abigail was born, our show at the Schwartz Center cemented that I do know what I am doing. And I am better at it than most people. (Although not better, fortunately, than my cast members!)