Maybe you just got your reel in. Perhaps your theater company has just released its new video for the next season.Whatever the video is, most likely it is not in a square format. And if you'd like to use a one minute cut of that video on Instagram, then you'll need to get it square.
Here's how you do that:
- Download an app called InShot. It's a free app, but to use some of the functions (like the ability to add your logo to the video) you'll have to pay.
- Get the video on your phone. (I'm a big fan of Dropbox, iCloud, and Air Drop to get files from my Mac to my iPhone)
- Open the InShot app.
- Choose Video.
- Choose which video file you'd like to use.
- Using the Canvas option, make it square.
- Add a Sticker to put in your logo.
- Adjust the Background with either branded colors, blurred edges, or add a picture.
- Add Text (since over 80% of video is watched with the sound off)
Bonus: You can change the aspect ratio to make it for Instagram Stories as well!
Not Bonus: You can't add subtitles. I'm still looking for a simple, low-cost way to do this, but until then...